Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Summer Activities

Okay, so my every intention this summer has been to do less - observe more lol! Here are some of the activities we have been up to so far:

Summer Scrapbooks - actually this is a continuing project. Each of my boys has a scrap book that is journalling our travelling around. We started it last March:







T has added his own writing to his, whereas W has just organised the pictures and souvenirs.



My dd and I have started this project together, using a cheap birdhouse from a craft shop. She is gluing and tiling.


And my elder son decided to paint this little model. It might not look complicated, but it was small and fiddly. He spent a lot of time working on this.


Other ideas we have for the summer are to knit some simple dishcloths with my elder son, do an outing a week and then try to "present" it later, prepare for Harry Potter night - this, as you can imagine, has taken a lot of planning on the eldest's part!! He has made banners, prepared menus for banquets etc etc.

Another idea I thought of, and have not yet put it into play, is to engage the older two in family meal planning and once a fortnight each child is responsible for the planning of and budgeting for and some preparation of a family meal. I may try this over the next couple of weeks and if it works, make it a Sunday night regular!

No comments: