Monday, June 11, 2007

Coat Flip

Okay, so this is probably the most well known method of showing a small child how to put on their own coat and foster independence, but for those of you who don't know it, I have stepped it in photos:



The coat is laid out at the child's feet upside down to them.


They are able to insert their arms into the holes from the floor.



The coat is then lifted and swung over their head enabling their arms to slip down.




Look at me! I can put on my own coat!!!

You just need to watch for loose toggles and other family members or pets standing closely behind !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting these pictures on. I had seem a friends child doing this coat flip a while ago, but wasn't just quite sure how so I googled it and up you came. Thankyou